Monday, January 8, 2018

Word for the year

This time of year there is always much discussion, on my internet groups, about picking a word to guide my studio work over the next year.  This isn't easy for me, and, in 2017, it took a couple of months to come up with the word "opportunity".  I have an unfortunate history of not accepting opportunity when it's offered to me, so decided to accept every opportunity offered for the last half of 2017.  This left me so busy, that there were times that I didn't know whether I was coming or going. But I'm overjoyed at some of the opportunities that came my way.  This year, I know that I just can't accept everything that's offered, but how does one pick and choose?  How do you assess the value of an opportunity, when it's presented?  So-o-o, I've decided to "slow down",  to accept no more than two opportunities at a time, and then no more until those two are dealt with.  We'll see how that works, and I reserve the right to change my word at any time.

No comments: