Thursday, November 23, 2017

Be careful what you ask for

Over the past while I've been having a bit of a "pity party", bleating about waiting for supplies, and having nothing to do.  Well, within the last 24 hours, I've been invited to participate in a home based up-scale craft show, in two weeks (Eeek!), and a small gallery exhibit next fall.  Both of these events came out of the blue.  So, all of a sudden I'm excited an energized.  Spent today alternately working on the grey hexie bag I spoke of in my last post, and a large group of mixed media bookmarks.  The bookmarks involve a lot of "hurry up and wait", while glue dries.  My stock was down to 7, not enough to do anything with.  I use them as conversation starters at sales, and they don't bring in much profit, but they are a steady seller, for me.  This time of year I market them as stocking stuffers.  As you can see, they are one of a kind, and presented in clear cellophane bags, so I feel comfortable having them at a more upscale sale.  I have also tried to sell cheaper fabric ones, without success, and ended up including one in every bag I  used for sales, just to get rid of them.


No comments: